Taking The Stress Out Of Landlord-Tenant Disputes
Landlord-tenant disputes can crop up in almost any rental situation. However friendly or tense a rental relationship may feel, it is ultimately a contractual relationship governed by both the terms of the lease and Pennsylvania law.
In both residential and commercial lease agreements, both the landlord and tenant have important rights and responsibilities. Interpreting and enforcing those rights and responsibilities can be challenging.
It never pays to handle disputes with a “fly by the seat of your pants” approach. You shouldn’t have to bear the additional stress of guessing how to resolve it.
Skilled Representation For Landlords And Tenants
At the Law Offices of Craig A. Diehl, our lawyers represent both landlords and tenants in rental disputes. Our attorneys and staff have extensive experience in real estate law as well as related areas such as tax and bankruptcy law. With CPAs on our team, we draw on a financial-savvy approach to help our clients chart the best route forward.
Our team provides responsive representation that is both compassionate and solutions-focused. We want to resolve your landlord-tenant dispute as quickly and efficiently as possible so you can move on with life.
Guidance On All Facets Of Pennsylvania Landlord-Tenant Law
We provide guidance on all aspects of the rental relationship, including:
- Drafting legally solid lease agreements
- Preparing legally valid unconditional quit notices
- Properly handling security deposits
- Pursuing an eviction in a lawful way
- Properly disposing of abandoned tenant property
- Addressing property damage
- Complying with local, state and federal fair housing laws
- Reviewing lease terms
- Providing guidance on subleases and lease assignments
- Navigating the eviction process
- Negotiating with landlords if you’re behind on rent
- Investigating violations of the Fair Housing Act and other state, federal or local laws
- Enforcing your right to housing accessibility and accommodations for a disability
- Pursuing your rights under Pennsylvania’s implied warranty of habitability
- Requiring the property owner to address critical repairs
- Securing a return of part or all of your security deposit
Our broad, overlapping areas of practice allow us to provide more comprehensive guidance for landlords and tenants alike. As a one-stop-shop for real estate, business and tax issues, we provide more efficient services, saving you money and headaches.
Benefit From Our Well-Rounded Insight Into Landlord-Tenant Issues
Because we have experience representing both sides in these disputes, we can often pursue a resolution that is mutually beneficial for both parties.
Get in touch with our team by calling 717-303-3037. You can also contact us online. Based in Camp Hill, we handle landlord and tenant law cases throughout the Harrisburg area, including Cumberland County and beyond.